fbpx

Jacques Cartier Bridge

Streetcars

At first, the bridge only had three lanes, as a 3.6-m wide lane was built on either side for streetcars, leaving 11.2 m of roadway for vehicles. As the downstream lane was never used for streetcars, it was opened as a fourth lane to traffic on June 1956. In 1959, a fifth lane was open and used in either one direction depending on traffic.

Pont_Jacques_Cartier-Capsule-Tranway-ok