Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Advisor
9 January 2020
Full-time, temporary and non-unionized position (16 months) – 37.5 h/week
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting directly to the Director, Health and Safety, Administration, the selected candidate’s main role will be to act as an advisor and agent of change to implement a culture of OHS accountability. You will ensure that the Corporation is legally compliant with the Canada Labour Code while helping to develop and implement various programs and, ultimately, ensure these programs are effective. You will also help develop and implement the strategic OHS plan.
- Help managers integrate OHS into their activities.
- Help project managers or any other stakeholder perform prevention audits at our work sites.
- Conduct workplace inspections with managers.
- Help managers and the local OHS Committee members follow up on preventive measures, accident investigations, and corrective action.
Representation and advisement
- Represent the Corporation as a spokesperson for both internal and external committees.
- Exercise functional authority and act as an expert for managers on issues related to prevention, the application of OHS laws and regulations, and compliance with the Corporation’s OHS policies, procedures and programs.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with managers and the members of the local OHS Committee.
- Develop the framework for the “Corporation’s other activities,” such as inspections, the Operations & Maintenance team, leases and permits, and any other authorized individual.
- Standardize OHS procedures/work methods.
- Develop work tools and evaluate at-risk tasks.
- Develop regulatory prevention programs and procedures and ensure they are implemented.
- Develop and manage the OHS orientation program at sites managed by the Corporation.
Analysis / Measurement
- Develop metrics in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Help project managers draft contracts related to your position.
- Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to your position.
- Any OHS certificate or attestation.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar duties.
- Have ASP certification to work at a construction site (an asset).
- In-depth knowledge of federal and provincial (Quebec) OHS laws and regulations.
- Have very good communication skills in order to present to groups, make information understandable, and interact with various stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to coordinate activities.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of stakeholders and work contexts.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
- Influential leadership.
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Sound judgement.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Recruitment Solutions Manager
Direct line 450-463-5318
Chargée de comptes
Tél. : (514) 842-4691 – poste 3007
Sans frais : 1-866-688-4868
[email protected] · www.hunt.ca