Different methods are used depending on the section to be deconstructed and the bridge components to be taken down.
Around 65% of the work are done from work platforms in the water that are away from residential areas.
Removal of modular trusses
On the jetty: Mechanical deconstruction, girder by girder (October 2022 to April 2023)
Section above the Hwy. 132 and Marie-Victorin Blvd: Blitz to mechanically demolish 3 spans and 3 piers (mid-September to November 2022)
Photo credit: Delsan
1. Work to saw apart the concrete girders
2. Deck mechanically deconstructed girder by girder
3. Piers that support the spans mechanically demolished
4. Recovery and treatment of concrete on the ground
5. Materials taken away for recovery and reuse
Method: Traditional mechanical deconstruction on land
Method: Deconstruction from a platform on a catamaran barge
Methods used to remove the steel structure: