Work to deconstruct the original Champlain Bridge will start in August 2020
28 July 2020
The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI) and the Nouvel Horizon Saint-Laurent (NHSL) consortium would like to advise the public that deconstruction work on the Champlain Bridge will begin on Île des Sœurs in the coming weeks.
Week of July 27 to 31
- Start-up and preparatory work for surveying, landscaping, and the protection of components to be preserved.
Weeks of August 3 to 14
- Removal of structural components from the bridge for the research and development program.
Weeks of August 17 to 29
- Deconstruction of two spans, one pier, and the abutment from the sections above René-Lévesque Boulevard.
- This work may generate:
- Noise due to the deconstruction work and the off-site transportation of materials.
- Dust emissions.
- Occasional local traffic hindrances.
- JCCBI will install:
- Sound level metres at the work site to ensure compliance with standards.
- Air quality monitoring stations to ensure compliance with standards.