4 August 2021
Two unionized permanent full-time positions – 37.5hrs. /week
2020 annual salary depending on years of experience: $67,227.03 to $85,856.22
As a manager of important infrastructure, The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (the Corporation) is a federal Crown corporation established in 1978 that is responsible for the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the Champlain Bridge Ice Control Structure, the Île des Sœurs Bypass Bridge, the federal sections of Bonaventure Expressway and the Honoré Mercier Bridge, as well as the Melocheville Tunnel.
Every day, the Corporation ensures a safe drive for thousands of users by managing, maintaining and repairing this important infrastructure for Greater Montreal. The Corporation also ensures that these critical structures remain safe, fully functional and aesthetically pleasing both today and in the future. It conducts construction, rehabilitation and reinforcement projects on the infrastructure under its responsibility and oversees the operation and maintenance of these structures.
Reporting to the Manager, Planning, the selected candidate will support the implementation of practices that define the asset management system, which include applying the inspection program, diagnostics, and master plan, and planning investment projects as part of physical and functional asset maintenance. You will help document the scope of upcoming investments by preparing project briefs, cost estimates, and the ten-year plan. Through cooperation and complementary work between teams, you will also help set up decision tracking in the areas of asset management, identify needs and issues, and ensure that quality information is shared among different stakeholders. You will provide technical support to prepare professional service contracts and ensure the quality and compliance of deliverables. You will also actively participate in budget management, cost control, and deadline tracking as well as the analysis and processing of claims and amendments of asset management contracts.
Support the Engineers, Planning-Inspections, in planning, preparing and implementing asset management contracts and in making annual updates to the 10-year plan:
Asset management contracts (Inspections, diagnostics and master plans) (50%)
- Maintain good knowledge of studied locations by making field visits, performing asset inventories, and consulting available documentation.
- Provide technical support for the execution of deliverables, which includes maintaining the required traffic flow, managing budgets and tracking schedules.
- Track, analyze and process Detailed Contract Monthly Progress (DCMP) reports on the status of contract management services related to contracts overseen by engineers.
- Support the management of recommendations with internal departments.
- File and maintain records of reports and deliverables received and contribute to the quality assurance of deliverables, to report analysis, and to action recommendations.
- Visit construction sites to carry out inspections and audits for quality control purposes.
- Help analyze and compile different inventory, inspection and statistical data on the condition and functionality of structures.
- Analyze established processes and propose measures to optimize the work of different internal and external stakeholders and increase work efficiency.
- Support the preparation of the annual and 10-year program of deliverables to comply with the Corporation’s internal obligations.
- Help prepare reference terms for contract awards, including researching information (reports, drawings and specifications) on the history, condition and functionality of the structure.
Annual update of the ten-year plan (50%)
- Maintain good knowledge of the studied locations by making field visits and consulting available documentation.
- Provide technical support to define and plan projects in relation to needs and goals, scope of work, cost estimates, deadlines, and the identification of major issues.
- Facilitate corporate decision-making based on structure life cycles and asset information while maintaining a balance between service performance, costs and risks.
- Participate in analyzing risk management for assets.
- Provide technical support to prepare and update upcoming project briefs, including cost estimates.
- Support the preparation and update of overall ten-year planning schedules.
- Design, program and compile spreadsheet or database data on multiple topics.
- Produce technical drawings of preliminary project concepts, thematic maps or renderings of planned projects.
- Collect data, compile statistics and carry out various types of inventories that contribute to improving knowledge of the territory and structures as part of planned projects.
- College diploma in civil engineering or architectural technology or urban planning and development techniques, with a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with standards for the inspection, design, and construction of bridges and civil engineering and road structures or familiarity with the principles of public urban planning will be considered an asset.
- Have taken a course on Health and Safety on Construction Sites (ASP).
- Experience with cost estimates for construction work.
- Good understanding of the issues related to carrying out major projects.
- Be familiar with the safety standards for construction.
- Be able to visit structures using fixed or moving structures (i.e. you must not have a fear of heights or confined spaces).
- Know how to use the following software: MS Project, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
- Know how to use AutoCAD software for computer-assisted drawing (CAD).
- Be able to work on a team.
- Be able to exercise sound decision-making.
- Show initiative and independence.
- Have good organizational skills and time and priority management.
- Be resourceful and curious and show a desire to find information.
- Adhere to the organization’s objectives, mission and values.
- Mastery of written and oral French and good knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Experience using geographical data processing systems/software is an asset.
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to:
Recruteur senior, Associé / Senior recruiter, partner