The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI)’s Netiquette sets guidelines for discussion on platforms and websites for which JCCBI is responsible and via digital platforms on which JCCBI provides a public presence (hereinafter referred to as the “Digital Space”) so that conversations take place in a friendly environment that is acceptable for all. JCCBI’s Digital Space is available to everyone, regardless of their age, race, religion, sex, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
The primary objective of JCCBI’s Digital Space is to explain and present JCCBI’s activities and work projects to the general public using the following main platforms:
JCCBI is on social media in an effort to have multi-directional communications with the public, wherever it happens to be.
The JCCBI communications team signs off on all content and posts on this Digital Space, which are posted on workdays, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
Throughout its Digital Space, JCCBI encourages transparent, respectful and genuine conversation.
Content incorporated by you on the Digital Space may be posted in whole or in part; JCCBI does not guarantee that your content will be posted. JCCBI has no obligation to remove your content even if you request it to do so. We therefore recommend that you carefully think about the nature of your content and the consequences of it being posted.
Below are the content rules that you must follow:
- Your content must be directly related to JCCBI’s operations.
- You must be polite and respectful as if you were talking to someone face to face.
- You must be the author and owner of your content. Any infringement of intellectual property laws is prohibited (including recopying excerpts from other websites without requesting authorization or citing the sources).
- In connection with our Rules of Use, we reserve the right to reject:
- any content that fails to comply with the principles set forth in the ;
- any defamatory, obscene, racist or hate-mongering content;
- any content intended to harass a third party or to compromise its privacy;
- any content encouraging a crime, suicide, discrimination or violence;
- any content likely to cause harm to users who have not reached the age of majority or prejudice human dignity;
- any content belonging to a third party, including registered trademarks and copyrighted data;
- any content not contributing to the normal flow of conversation.
- Respect the privacy of others by not including any personal information or private conversations in your content.
- Be guarded in your comments concerning the death or injuries of individuals, especially in the case of children.
- No commercial promotion will be accepted.
JCCBI will review any submitted comments before they are posted. JCCBI reserves the right to partially or entirely cut, censor or delete any comment or any post deemed inappropriate. Furthermore, any comments, opinions and content expressed on this Digital Space are strictly those of their respective authors. Should JCCBI happen to post a link leading to the website, blog, social media or online article of an individual or organization on its Digital Space, that shall not mean that JCCBI agrees with or supports their views or activities. The views expressed on its pages do not necessarily reflect JCCBI’s opinions.
JCCBI also reserves the right to end a discussion if deemed necessary. Should a web User fail to comply with this Netiquette, JCCBI reserves the right to block the User’s access to its Digital Space.
The Digital Space of JCCBI is not anonymous. JCCBI reserves the right to not post a comment if there is any doubt as to the author’s identity. Identity theft with the intent to mislead or cause harm constitutes a serious offence.
JCCBI reserves the right to modify the Netiquette at any time, without prior notice.