23 November 2020
Full-time non-unionized position – 37.5 h/week
Temporary (March 31, 2023) – possibility of extension
Do you want to be right in the action of Montreal’s mobility network and help promote and manage communications about major infrastructure projects? Then join our team!
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the selected candidate will oversee public relations, media relations, and various internal and external communications projects. You will also be responsible for communicating information about traffic hindrances and active mobility to support other staff members at the Corporation.
You will develop and implement effective communication plans and strategies for a variety of projects. Specifically, you will be responsible for communications projects related to the Corporation’s structures including the Jacques Cartier Bridge, Honoré Mercier Bridge, Melocheville Tunnel, Bonaventure Expressway, and active mobility in addition to major projects such as the deconstruction of the Champlain Bridge. You will participate in outreach initiatives.
You will also give professional communications advice to employees and act as a resource person while upholding a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Support the Manager, Communications with projects in her business area.
- Track projects for the structures under your responsibility and oversee any related communications in partnership with internal teams.
- Disseminate information relating to work and closures for the structures and sectors under your responsibility.
- Write and distribute work advisories, press releases, information notices, and documents.
- Carry out analyses to recommend communications strategies and operating methods in response to issues raised.
- Advise, support, assist and take action to implement the organizational communications plan in collaboration with the Manager, Communications.
- Help identify and implement outreach activities for the Corporation.
- Help deploy the internal communications program.
- Oversee the design and production of print, graphic, digital or video media tools.
- Assist the Communications team with crisis management.
- Be responsible for developing advertising campaigns.
- Help develop and implement strategies on social networks.
- Develop information memos and presentations.
- Develop communications procedures with the Manager, Communications.
- Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to the position.
- An undergraduate university degree in communications.
- Between 5 and 8 years of experience in managing and coordinating communications activities, mainly in the area of public relations.
- Experience with media relations.
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment.
- Ability to cope with pressure and crisis management.
- Demonstrated skills in work planning and organization.
- Influential leadership.
- Very versatile.
- Show an interest in new technologies and information technology.
- Team spirit, analysis and synthesis skills, thoroughness, and an ability to adapt to new concepts.
- Excellent writing skills in French and ideally in English.
- A good ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of video production and editing would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and the open-source application WordPress would be an asset.
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to: