Administrative Assistant, Research and Applications Directorate Asset Management
19 October 2020
Temporary (15 months) full-time position– 37.5 hrs. /week
As a manager of important infrastructure, The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (the Corporation) is a federal Crown corporation established in 1978 that is responsible for the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the Champlain Bridge, the Champlain Bridge Ice Control Structure, the Île des Sœurs Bypass Bridge, the federal sections of Bonaventure Expressway and the Honoré Mercier Bridge, as well as the Melocheville Tunnel.
Every day, the Corporation ensures a safe drive for thousands of users by managing, maintaining and repairing this important infrastructure for Greater Montreal. The Corporation also ensures that these critical structures remain safe, fully functional and aesthetically pleasing both today and in the future. It conducts construction, rehabilitation and reinforcement projects on the infrastructure under its responsibility and oversees the operation and maintenance of these structures.
Reporting to the Director, Research and Development of the Research and Applications Directorate (RAD), the selected candidate will serve as the administrative assistant for all employees of the RAD. You will support the Director by performing various administrative and clerical duties to ensure effective priority management.
- Manage and determine the priority level of the agenda and correspondence of the Director, RAD.
- With different external and/or internal stakeholders, diligently produce memos, forms, documents, reports and other correspondence.
- Occasionally translate short documents into both official languages.
- Prepare various reports using spreadsheet software.
- Answer and/or forward general information requests. Track and follow up on projects within deadlines.
- Perform administrative tasks for various meetings, i.e., sending out invitations, booking and preparing meeting rooms, sending out relevant documentation, and performing any required follow-up.
- Prepare various events in collaboration with the department’s senior managers (technical meetings, talks, etc.).
- Help the team prepare requests for the Corporation’s Board of Directors and its Committees along with various other requests.
- Carefully organize records and/or information of a confidential or unusual nature.
- As required, collaborate with other administrative assistants to prepare documents and follow up on projects or other administrative tasks.
- Coordinate specific actions during service meetings.
- With the help of the department’s senior managers, coordinate performance evaluation meetings for the department’s employees.
- Prepare requisitions to open purchase orders and expense reports in the information system, get the required authorizations to remit payments, and perform the necessary follow-up.
- Track and update the billing database.
- Conduct bibliographic searches upon request.
- Assist senior managers from the RAD in their day-to-day activities, as required.
- Serve as a CRM super-user.
- Maintain the database of R&D experts and professionals.
- Perform any other job-related tasks and duties.
- College diploma in secretarial studies, office technology or administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- More than five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office: Word (advanced), Excel (intermediate) and Outlook (intermediate).
- Show initiative and demonstrate excellent organizational and priority management skills.
- Knowledge of SAP Business ByDesign (asset).
- Tact, discretion, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Communication skills and enthusiasm.
- Keen eye for detail; thoroughness.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills in both official languages.
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to either of these agencies:
1-877-726-3968 # 3020
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Recruitment solutions manager