Technical Officer, IT Department
10 July 2019
Full-time, permanent and temporary unionized position (September 30, 2020) – 37.5 h/week
2019 annual salary based on years of experience: $70,673.35 to $88,434.00
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting directly to the Director, Information Technology, the selected candidate will be required to play an important technical and operational role. You will ensure that the Corporation’s image is consistent, credible and respectable. You will be responsible for technical architecture and act as a support person for all employees and all members of the board of directors while upholding a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
You will mainly be responsible for defining, developing, maintaining and optimizing the management of information systems and different applications stemming from the Corporation’s strategic goals and that are used to achieve those goals. You will manage and maintain office equipment, the website, IT equipment, and the telephone system, which will include assigning, maintaining, and repairing equipment and providing support to end-users.
- Provide user support for different systems and applications and document solutions through a support ticket system (50% to 60% of your time).
- Install, configure and update computer equipment and software; analyze and solve problems that end-users may be having with software, equipment, the IT network, the telephone network, etc.
- Help implement and prioritize support requests based on the Corporation’s business objectives.
- Help assess needs and select and implement new updates for technological solutions.
- Advise and assist the Director, Information Technology with technology projects and propose business solutions to problems and issues.
- Help maintain and improve the performance of all systems and applications.
- Prepare proposals and confidential requests for senior managers and attend the Corporation’s management meetings by invitation.
- Assist with and track expenses to meet budgets and track different contracts for goods and services in your area of activity.
- Prepare and provide periodic result reports as well as analyses relating to your activities.
- Manage warranty and maintenance contracts for licences, software and equipment (office and computer).
- Actively help update operational standards, the backup procedure, the recovery plan, and the IT security directive.
- Help the Director, Information Technology establish an IT security program.
- Support the improvement of business processes by providing expertise in needs analysis, solution design, and project management.
- Stay on top of current technology standards, particularly in the area of IT security, confidentiality and accessibility.
- Get ready and take the necessary measures for new practices and standards in this business area.
- Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent, with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Office 2013, 2016 and Office365 and good knowledge of network technology (LAN and WAN).
- Knowledge of VEEAM and BackupExec backup management tools as well as network monitoring software components such as N-central.
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment while staying focused on client needs.
- Ability to translate needs into business solutions; demonstrate thoroughness and have an eye for detail.
- Interpersonal communication skills and the ability to motivate your colleagues.
- Clear ability to read documents, reports or texts related to processes or techniques that require an understanding of technical, scientific and professional terminology.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to work on a team and on tasks with sometimes tight deadlines and variable degrees of urgency.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Ms. Céline Gamache
Prud’homme Consulting Group