Specialized Worker, Operations and Maintenance Service
8 November 2019
Temporary unionized position (November 1, 2019 to March 27, 2020)
Depending on schedule (night or day)
Hourly rate 2019: $26.95 (plus shift premium)
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Superintendent, the selected candidate will work on a team to carry out a variety of specialized tasks related to bridge and road maintenance. You will perform minor maintenance, painting and mechanical repair work on buildings, structures and vehicles; perform snow removal at night; and do various types of plumbing and carpentry work.
- Shovel and remove snow from the bicycle path (night or day).
- Perform a number of road-related tasks, such as spreading, raking and compacting asphalt.
- Perform painting work on structures.
- Perform concrete work; assemble steel parts by measuring, cutting, and drilling; replace concrete borders and curbs by measuring, cutting, and drilling, etc.
- Reinforce, install and repair fencing.
- Repair semi-rigid barriers and impact attenuators; lubricate various bridge components; repair sheet metal components; repair and replace gutters.
- Perform drainage work by excavating ditches and cleaning, installing and backfilling conduits.
- Install signage by taking the necessary measurements and preparing, assembling and installing the signage on site.
- Clean and repair catch basins, lamp post bases and pavement.
- Close lanes and roads and perform traffic management on the network.
- If necessary, drive a service van and complete the related reports.
- Perform various types of woodwork, such as measuring, aligning and installing shelves, etc.
- Perform various types of plumbing work, such as repairing faucets, unclogging sinks, replacing gaskets, etc.
- Carry out minor maintenance on vehicles, such as replacing position or marker lights, replacing rotating beacons, etc.
- Maintain small gas-powered tools.
- Cut, weed and mow vegetation; maintain flower beds.
- Remove graffiti.
- Clear snow and ice from driveways, access roads, structures and equipment.
- Maintain inventory and, if necessary, submit requisitions.
- Collect equipment from different suppliers, check orders and put orders away.
- Help update Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Perform caretaking tasks at the Corporation’s buildings and offices.
- Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to the position.
- Secondary V diploma.
- A valid class-5 driver’s licence; class 3 is an asset.
- Have a good ability to work at heights.
- Good team spirit.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in French.
- Sense of initiative.
- ASP construction training mandatory.
- WHMIS, STC-101, rope access training: an asset.
- Excellent manual dexterity, versatility, and experience in this field.
Specific work conditions:
- Work on high structures and in varying types of weather.
- Work in an environment with risks (fast-moving traffic on bridges, etc.).
- Work with different types of personal protective equipment (PPE) according to the procedures in force (harnesses, respiratory masks, etc.).
- May be required to work outside regular working hours.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Recruitment Solutions Manager
Direct line 450-463-5318
Phone: 514-842-4691 – extension 3007
Toll free: 1-866-688-4868
[email protected] · www.hunt.ca