Specialist, Sustainable Development Environment and Sustainability Department
28 November 2019
Full-time, temporary and unionized position (18 months) – 37.5 h/week
2019 salary, depending on years of experience: $74,643,77 to $92,910,97
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Sustainable Development, the selected candidate will actively work on implementing and renewing JCCBI’s sustainable development action plan and meeting objectives. You will act as a resource person in sustainable development and actively participate in developing and implementing the sustainable development strategy. You will help meet sustainable development objectives by working with various internal partners, from operational services that include asset management, major projects and network operations and maintenance to administrative and support services such as procurement, communications and research. You will be involved with various internal and external initiatives to improve and integrate sustainable development throughout JCCBI’s entire value chain and play a role to educate, raise the awareness of and influence the organization’s internal and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will provide the technical support required by the department, and you will also carry out, receive and analyze studies and recommend actions to be taken. You will provide horizontal support for operational services and administrative and support services by carrying out activities that contribute to the sustainable development action plan in addition to managing contracts and projects related to sustainable development.
- Implement the actions listed in the multi-year sustainable development action plan.
- Support actions carried out by other operational and administrative services.
- Monitor, study and recommend best practices in sustainable development during the planning, design, implementation and operational phases in relation to the management of JCCBI’s assets.
- Update and work toward the improvement of the content of a decision support system.
- Support the implementation of the responsible procurement approach.
- Collect, process, and analyze the performance indicators related to sustainable development included in the action plan.
- Help write JCCBI’s annual report, which includes the disclosure of non-financial information.
- Participate in JCCBI’s research and enforcement efforts.
- Support and conduct internal greening activities.
- Actively participate in the external promotion of sustainable development efforts in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Provide internal training on relevant sustainable development practices.
- Help the Manager prepare budgets and produce regular progress reports and performance indicator tables.
- Assist the Manager by providing relevant information to prepare various reports, methods or analysis tables and by monitoring initiatives, projects and/or structures.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- A bachelor’s in a field related to sustainable development.
- A master’s in a field closely related to sustainable development will be considered an asset.
- Be a member in good standing of an applicable professional order.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience in sustainable development.
- Be familiar with federal sustainable development policies and recognized practice guides (Federal Sustainable Development Strategy, GRI standards, United Nations sustainable development objectives, LEED, Envision, ISO 14040 and 14064).
- Experience preparing specifications (terms of reference) will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the life-cycle impact of major categories of building materials will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations, particularly regarding biodiversity and environmental liability management, at both the federal and provincial levels will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the environmental characterization process to include mitigation measures in JCCBI’s activities will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrate transformational leadership qualities to initiate and implement change.
- Demonstrate skills in supervising and administering awarded contracts, including skills to evaluate work, hold meetings and negotiate payments.
- Demonstrate a long-term vision of issues and trends surrounding JCCBI’s activities.
- Have organizational skills and know how to manage your time and priorities.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Octave Mæcenas, recrutement & conseils, S.E.N.C.
To the attention of: Ms. Karine Robert, Associate