Project Control Officer – PCO (Administrative)
18 October 2019
Temporary unionized position – Until March 31, 2021 – Full time – 37.5 h/week
2019 salary, depending on years of experience: $70,673.35 to $88,434.00
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Budgets and Management Information, the selected candidate will support the functional directors and work with engineers by monitoring the scope, baseline schedule, costs and baseline budget for assigned contracts of medium to high complexity. The PCO provides expert assistance to the relevant directors and their teams for their monitoring and control tasks by using existing tools and developing support tools as needed. The candidate will have to attend optimization and development meetings and help implement new procedures and work methods to ensure management information is regularly updated. In addition, you will support your manager in monitoring the indicators of the Corporation’s various projects by carrying out ad hoc analyses. You will work with and represent JCCBI’s PCO team for various projects and meetings and the Finance Directorate with regard to project data integrity and controls.
- Support Directors and their teams in identifying budget sources, seeking funds if required, and preparing budget transfers, if necessary, in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Closely participate in developing contract baseline planning.
- Apply the existing project planning and monitoring process and issue recommendations for use based on best practices and the Corporation’s context.
- Ensure documentation quality by adhering to the prevailing project management methodology and standards.
- When asked by the Director concerned, attend kick-off, follow-up and close-out meetings related to contracts and ensure that budget and monitoring records are archived in accordance with the Corporation’s current procedures.
- Integrate activity progress reports and contract financial status reports into the SAP system or ensure quality if these reports are provided by a third party.
- Update the functional project schedule using existing tools, if necessary.
- Support the Director in monitoring the work progress and budgets of contracts to identify trends and/or imminent risks.
- Track the change notices process, the handling of change notices, and cost review estimates.
- Support the Finance Directorate with corporate project monitoring using key performance indicators and dashboards.
- Help produce accountability documents for senior managers and assist with any analyses related to projects and major work.
- Help the sector leads and functional directors track cost changes in order to identify, measure and qualify variances in relation to the contract’s baseline budget and the approved corporate budget plan.
- Help reconcile project budgets with the budgets of the Corporation.
- Help optimize tools that support the control of contract management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The candidate must have between five (5) and seven (7) years of experience, including at least three (3) years in cost control.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in administration, engineering, information technology, project management or a relevant discipline.
- Excellent mastery of the Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel, intermediate PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of project management and budget tracking/control principles.
- PMP certification (an asset).
- Knowledge of SAP Business ByDesign (project management module) an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team work skills.
- Analysis and synthesis skills, thoroughness and discipline.
- Influential leadership.
- Organizational skills and effective time and priority management.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner with stakeholders at different seniority levels.
- Independence, diplomacy and ability to adapt to change.
- Mastery of English and French (spoken and written).
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment. We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Recruitment Solutions Manager
Direct line 450-463-5318
Phone: 514-842-4691 – extension 3007
Toll free: 1-866-688-4868
mailto:[email protected] · www.hunt.ca