Project Control Officer – PCO (Administrative)
25 May 2021
Permanent and unionized position
Full time – 37.5 h/week
2020 annual salary: $72,086.82 to $90,202.68
As a manager of important infrastructure, The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (the Corporation) is a federal Crown corporation established in 1978 that is responsible for the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the Champlain Bridge Ice Control Structure, the Île des Sœurs Bypass Bridge, the federal sections of Bonaventure Expressway and the Honoré Mercier Bridge, as well as the Melocheville Tunnel.
Every day, the Corporation ensures a safe drive for thousands of users by managing, maintaining and repairing this important infrastructure for Greater Montreal. The Corporation also ensures that these critical structures remain safe, fully functional and aesthetically pleasing both today and in the future. It conducts construction, rehabilitation and reinforcement projects on the infrastructure under its responsibility and oversees the operation and maintenance of these structures.
Reporting to the Manager, Budgets and Management Information, the selected candidate will support the Functional Directors and work with sector leads by monitoring the scope, baseline schedule, costs and baseline budget for assigned contracts of medium to high complexity. The PCO provides expert assistance to the relevant Directors and their teams for their monitoring and control tasks by using existing tools and developing support tools as needed. The candidate will have to work on optimization and development projects and help implement new procedures and work methods to ensure management information is regularly updated. In addition, you will support your manager in monitoring the indicators of the Corporation’s various projects by carrying out ad hoc analyses. You will work with and represent JCCBI’s PCO team for various projects and meetings and the Finance Directorate with regard to project data integrity and controls.
- Support Directors and their teams in identifying budget sources, seeking funds if required, and preparing budget transfers, if necessary, in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Closely participate in developing contract baseline planning.
- Apply the existing project planning and monitoring process and issue recommendations for use based on best practices and the Corporation’s context.
- Ensure documentation quality by adhering to the prevailing project management methodology and standards.
- When asked by the Director concerned, attend kick-off, follow-up and close-out meetings related to contracts and ensure that budget and monitoring records are archived in accordance with the Corporation’s current procedures.
- Enter activity progress reports and contract financial status reports into the SAP system or ensure quality if these reports are provided by a third party.
- Update the functional project schedule using existing tools, if necessary.
- Support the Director in monitoring the work progress and budgets of contracts to identify trends and/or imminent risks.
- Support the Finance Directorate with corporate project monitoring using key performance indicators and the dashboard.
- Help produce accountability documents for senior managers and assist with any analyses related to projects and major work.
- Help the sector leads and functional directors track cost changes in order to identify, measure and qualify variances in relation to the contract’s baseline budget and the approved corporate budget plan.
- Help resources in the Planning Directorate update financial data in the corporate system, if required.
- Help reconcile project budgets with the budgets of the Corporation.
- Help optimize tools that support the control of contract management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The candidate must have between five and seven years of experience, including at least three years in cost control.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in administration, engineering, information technology, project management or a relevant discipline.
- Excellent mastery of the Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel, intermediate PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of project management and budget tracking/control principles.
- PMP certification (an asset).
- Knowledge of SAP Business ByDesign (project management module) an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team work skills.
- Analysis and synthesis skills, thoroughness and discipline.
- Influential leadership.
- Organizational skills and effective time and priority management.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner with stakeholders at different seniority levels.
- Independence, diplomacy and ability to adapt to change.
- Mastery of English and French (spoken and written).
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to:
Martin Mercier, CRHA, associé et directeur du recrutement