Technician, Environment and Sustainability Department
Full-time, permanent and unionized position – 37.5 h/week
2019 annual salary: $65,908.86 to $84,172.76
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director of the Environment and Sustainability Department, you will be responsible for developing and tracking environmental projects. You will help the department’s project leads manage the Corporation’s assets and projects throughout the asset and project life cycle (planning, scope, implementation and supervision).
- Provide technical expertise to help define projects and their related contracts.
- Help draft the reference terms for professional services.
- Support the department’s engineers and professionals by following up on contracts (suppliers, consultants and contractors) to ensure they are carried out smoothly and in compliance with contract requirements (quality, scope of work, costs and timetables).
- Help prepare requests for administrative authorizations (change notices and contract amendments).
- Help the Corporation’s different departments comply with environmental rules and standards.
- Provide feedback on different types of environmental reports and studies.
- Raise any issues and problems with the department director and suggest solutions and recommendations.
- Help department engineers with their tasks by playing an advisory role and providing technical and administrative support, including searching for information, compiling data, preparing and revising documents, and preparing follow-up reports, as needed.
- Help project leads implement procedures/systems to ensure the environmental compliance of operations and to develop good practices.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the annual and ten-year budget.
- Visit the Corporation’s territory and work sites to support engineers in addition to performing surveys and inspections and coordinating between work sites.
- Work with various stakeholders in the Corporation’s other departments.
- Help promote and raise the profile of the department.
- Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to the position.
- Have a technical degree in civil engineering or any other equivalent technical education.
- Have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Be able to clearly understand and read plans, specifications and technical drawings.
- Know how to use the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook), MS Project, MS Access (advanced), and the most recent version of AutoCAD.
- Have experience using geographical data processing systems/software (an asset).
- Have ASP certification to work at a construction site.
- Have a valid class 5 driver’s licence.
- Have a mastery of written and spoken French and an ability to communicate verbally in English.
- Be structured, organized and disciplined.
- Be a team player who has a recognized ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships.
- Know how to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Spécialiste en recrutement
Complexe Métro Longueuil
1010 rue de Sérigny, Rez-de-chaussée
Longueuil, Québec, J4K 5G7
Courriel : email@example.com
Tél. : 450 463-5318