Intermediate Engineer, Traffic
Full-time, permanent and unionized position – 37.5 h/week
2019 salary, depending on years of experience: $88,652.63 to $105,586.28
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, the selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical support in a matrix setting to the Project team, particularly by supporting the sector leads in the Engineering department to develop traffic management scenarios and the sector leads in the Construction department to manage and coordinate traffic hindrances for all major maintenance contracts to ensure optimal traffic flow in JCCBI’s network. You will also help the engineers in the Planning department review possible traffic management scenarios and analyze the potential traffic impacts of projects included in the 10-year strategic plan.
You will act as a representative for JCCBI with different technical committees for mobility in the metropolitan area.
Act as an advisor for internal teams
- Perform an advisory role in relation to traffic flow coordination for the preparation of contracts in the design phase.
- Perform an advisory role in relation to the planning of major traffic hindrances with partners.
- Perform an advisory role in relation to the preparation of special road closures.
- Perform an advisory role to ensure that traffic hindrances comply with contractual requirements.
- Help prepare budget planning to ensure that traffic flow can indeed be maintained during the work.
Manage the traffic management support contract
- Administer all aspects and deliverables of the contracts assigned to you as per quality standards and strategic orientations while following project-based management principles.
- Prepare reference terms in order to allocate contracts to external consultants for professional support services in relation to traffic management.
- Effectively communicate and inform your functional manager and project directors about any contract management issues.
- Prepare authorizations for additional work, track progress reports for payments to external consultants, monitor that work schedule milestones are met, and control financial forecasts as per accounting calendars.
Monitor impacts on traffic and processes
- Represent JCCBI on Mobility Montréal’s Technical Committee.
- Develop and update the calendar of major traffic hindrances.
- Coordinate major work on JCCBI’s network with different internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify potential conflicts with partners and propose mitigation measures.
- Work with the Operations and Maintenance department to build a history of impacts according to traffic hindrance type and location.
- Conduct visits during major traffic hindrances to document the impacts on users.
- Develop and maintain a directory of available mitigation measures.
- Help update JCCBI’s contractual and reference documents (standardized specifications, supervision guide, processes and procedures, etc.).
- Develop tools to facilitate the coordination of traffic hindrances.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in this area and four (4) years in traffic management.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
- Have taken the AQTr’s STC-GES-2 (STC-201) training on managing the impacts of road work.
- Experience planning major work and additional education in project management will be considered assets.
- Familiarity with construction standards for roads, bridges and civil engineering structures will be considered an asset.
- Be familiar with the applicable and recognized safety standards for construction.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of issues related to carrying out construction and coordinating traffic.
- Demonstrate skills in supervising and administering awarded contracts, including skills to evaluate work, hold meetings and negotiate payments.
- Have good knowledge of the following software: MS Project, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to work on a team.
- Show an ability for sound decision-making.
- Show initiative, independence and organizational skills.
- Be able to meet goals, manage time and priorities, and multitask.
- Easily adhere to the organization’s objectives, mission and values.
- Have ASP certification to work at a construction site.
- Have a valid class 5 driver’s licence.
- Mastery of written French and very good knowledge of oral and written English.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Octave Mæcenas, recrutement & conseils, S.E.N.C.
To the attention of: Ms. Karine Robert, Associate