Organizational Development Advisor
20 December 2019
Full-time permanent position – 37.5 h/week
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting directly to the Director, Human Resources, the Organizational Development (OD) Advisor will be an important member of the Human Resources team and will strategically support the Corporation as an employer of choice by acting as a Human Resources business partner and supporting the entire organization in a context of cultural transformation/evolution.
The OD Advisor will mainly be responsible for activities related to diagnostics and organizational development support. You will support teams with aspects of organizational design, professional development and talent management principles, change management, and a culture of organizational health. With the Corporation’s various departments, you will develop and implement strategies to develop the effectiveness and efficiency of human resources management practices.
You will provide professional advice to managers and lead activities in your business area. You will also act as a resource person for employees while upholding a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Human Resources Department’s mission is to work in partnership with all employees to improve the Corporation’s performance by promoting an attractive, healthy and engaging work environment.
- Provide expertise in organizational needs analysis.
- Plan and develop proactive approaches and OD programs to ensure that these reflect the desired employee experience.
- Develop implementation plans in line with the developed strategies.
- Be a recognized partner in the process of organizational health that the Corporation is implementing to achieve Healthy Enterprise certification.
- Be responsible for the Workplace Health and Wellness Committee.
- Exercise influential leadership and play a consulting role when it comes to intervention, tool development, or training and communication activities.
- Propose and evaluate HR programs and help improve programs that address the employee experience.
- Establish and manage team building and engagement projects and define roles and responsibilities.
- With Human Resources team members, oversee the continuous improvement of HR processes.
- Proactively and strategically collaborate on culture change initiatives while identifying and managing organizational impacts.
- Provide expertise in health and wellness in order to develop and implement action plans.
- Conduct organizational surveys.
- Be on the lookout for exemplary and innovative practices in organizational development.
- Hold an undergraduate university degree in occupational and organizational psychology, industrial relations, or business administration, human resources option.
- Have 8 to 10 years of experience in major projects in organizational design, talent management principles, change management, etc.
- Have held an equivalent position in a government or paragovernmental agency (an asset).
- Be a member of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés.
- Easily understand business issues and be able to translate them into a practical and results-oriented approach.
- Be well versed in optimizing and simplifying approaches and tools.
- Have excellent work planning and organizational skills.
- Have good writing skills and a solid ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrate inspiring leadership, have remarkable interpersonal skills, and show an ability to motivate employees using a collaborative improvement approach.
- Be recognized for your team spirit.
- Behave with integrity, sincerity and honesty.
- Be proficient with Excel, Word, Access, and MS Project.
- Have good mastery of oral and written French and English.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Mr. Martial Prud’homme