22 July 2019
Full-time temporary position – 37.5 h/week
2019 annual salary: $70,673.35 to $88,434.00
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Expert and Project Management, the successful candidate will work every day with the Expert and Project Management teams to offer and provide professional services to the entire Corporation.
The selected candidate will therefore act as a consultant and technical expert in the area of continuous improvement. Accordingly, you will support the team and play a consultative and advisory role to suggest avenues for improvement and provide recommendations when asked to take part in workshops to develop new or existing processes, tools, or indicators.
• Help in the overall planning of improvements and optimizations of both project-based management (PBM) methodology and the Corporation’s standard processes and performance indicators.
• On an annual basis, prepare the detailed planning document of main tasks and milestones for both PBM and standardized process management (SPM).
• Identify gaps between the Corporation’s needs and the required effort, capacity, and staff availability.
• Identify the issues of the annual work plan and submit recommendations to the Director, Expert and Project Management.
• Assist users by responding to any questions and/or communications of an operational nature.
• Help users define their requests for improvement and/or optimization.
• Recommend best practices to compile needs and analyze them to improve/optimize the Corporation’s operations.
• Recommend a requirements traceability matrix along with documentation and training in order to keep the matrix up to date.
• Recommend improvements or optimizations to methodologies or PBM and SPM tools.
• Help the team create, update or distribute documents, processes, tools (i.e., automated forms), or checklists.
• Offer and provide support and training to staff members on the use of different documents, processes and tools.
• Help carry out the deployment plan to improve/optimize processes and help identify and update performance indicators.
• Uphold the quality of the prepared deliverables and their approvals before distributing them to users.
Tracking and control
• Update and maintain tracking lists for ongoing projects, the annual work plan, and the executive project dashboard.
• Produce, analyze and recommend the required tracking and control reports for all future and in-progress requests and tasks related to PBM and SPM.
• Ensure that SME (Subject Matter Experts) follow the established processes and procedures and correctly use the tools in place.
• Help identify opportunities to improve/optimize processes and performance indicators for the Corporation and make recommendations to the Director, Expert and Project Management.
• Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to the position.
REQUIREMENTS / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• University education in operations management, project management, or a relevant field.
• Professional experience of at least ten (10) years in PBM and SPM.
– Experience managing continuous improvement processes, including project-based management, process management, analysis, training and change management.
• Good knowledge of the procurement process in a government context.
• Strong ability to analyze and make quick and appropriate decisions about situations relating to technical PBM or SPM components or matrix-type situations.
• Bilingualism (French and English) both orally (proficient) and in writing (very proficient).
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge of VISIO office automation software.
• Ability to work in a changing environment and maintain a client focus.
• Ability to translate needs into business solutions.
• Interpersonal communication skills and ability to motivate your colleagues.
• Problem-solving skills and ability to make recommendations.
• Excellent ability to work on a team and under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated independence, thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Be able to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
• Experience working for a government body.
• Experience with major projects and ideally in a civil engineering context using an outsourced procurement model (procurement and administration of contracts of a varied nature and scope).
• Supplementary training and/or certificates in business analysis, continuous improvement, or project management (e.g. PMP).
• Basic knowledge and experience with analysis tools, such as SIPOC (Supplier Input Process Output Customer) diagram; DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control); Fishbone Diagram.
• Regularly attend seminars and lectures to keep up with the latest trends in continuous improvement.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Mr Martial Prud’homme