Human Resources Advisor
18 February 2020
Temporary full-time position (21 months) – 37.5 hrs./week
At Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to ensure the safe passage of users by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating infrastructures while optimizing traffic flow and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Join a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting directly to the Director, Human Resources, you will serve as a general consulting partner. You will mainly work closely with management and employees to support them in all aspects of HR management relating to work relations and work organization (60%), recruitment, performance management, resource development and organizational climate management.
You will provide professional advice and practical solutions for management’s business needs to ensure a healthy work environment. You will be in charge of support activities. You will also serve as a resource person for employees, offering a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Support the Director on matters relating to your field of expertise;
- Advise, support, guide and work with managers, and provide the personnel management tools needed for various HR management programs;
- Support management in interpreting and applying collective agreements and grievance resolution procedures, and arrive at compromises with union representatives to create a climate that fosters good relations with employees;
- Develop tools and put together HR activities to support management in managing their personnel;
- Be in charge of staffing for positions at various levels, and recommend recruitment strategies in keeping with decisions made by senior management;
- Manage the negotiation files for the trade workers’ collective agreement renewal;
- Take part in preparing, analyzing and researching information for the renewal of the white-collar employees’ Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) collective agreement;
- Analyze and actively take part in job assessments for union positions;
- Carry out analyses for workforce planning and retention (phased retirements, parental leaves, staff mobility, work-family balance), organizational structure and career guidance;
- Take over performance management;
- Analyze the issues, trends and developments in your area of expertise, and make recommendations regarding new guidelines and good practices in your field;
- Produce briefing notes and presentations on issues related to your field;
- Review and develop certain processes and procedures related to the improvement of the HR Department’s administrative information systems and activities;
- Work with the HR team to solve problems;
- Advise managers in the performance of their duties, while ensuring that HR processes and procedures are adhered to;
- Participate and collaborate HR management relating to benefits package;
- Perform any other job-related tasks and duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial relations or human resources management;
- 8 to 10 years of experience in managing and coordinating human resources activities paired with at least 5 years of experience in a unionized environment;
- Experience in the public and parapublic sectors an asset;
- Experience in and knowledge of recruiting for technical positions in a specialized sector (engineering, aeronautics, etc.);
- Membership in the CRHA (Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agrées);
- Ability to work in a changing, expanding environment while remaining client-focused;
- Proven ability in work planning and organization;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all hierarchical levels;
- Influential leadership;
- Ability to lead meetings and sound decision-making skills;
- Good teamwork, capacity for analysis and insight, thoroughness, adaptability to new concepts;
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Proficiency in written and spoken French, ability to communicate verbally in English.
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to:
Phone : 514-840-1090