20 September 2019
Full-time non-unionized position – 37.5 h/week
Do you want to be right in the action of Montreal’s mobility network and help promote and manage communications about major infrastructure projects? Then join our team!
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the selected candidate will take care of public relations, internal and external communications activities, and media relations. You will also be responsible for communicating information about traffic hindrances to support other staff members at the Corporation.
You will develop and implement effective external and internal communications strategies for a variety of projects at the Corporation. Specifically, you will be responsible for communications projects related to the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the Honoré Mercier Bridge, and the Melocheville Tunnel as well as internal communications activities and outreach initiatives.
You will also give professional communications advice to employees and act as a resource person while upholding a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Support the Director, Communications with projects in her business area.
- Track projects for the structures and sectors under your responsibility and oversee any related communications in partnership with internal teams.
- Disseminate information relating to work and closures for the structures and sectors under your responsibility.
- Write and distribute press releases, information notices, and documents.
- Carry out analyses to recommend communications strategies and operating methods in response to issues raised.
- Advise, support, assist and take action to implement the organizational communications plan in collaboration with the Director, Communications.
- Help develop ideas for news reports about the Corporation and conduct media relations.
- Help identify and implement outreach opportunities for the Corporation.
- Help develop the internal communications program.
- Oversee the production of print, graphic, digital or video media tools.
- Support the Director, Communications with crisis management.
- Be responsible for setting up advertising campaigns.
- Help develop and implement strategies on social networks.
- Develop information memos and presentations.
- Develop communication procedures with the Director, Communications.
- Carry out all other tasks or responsibilities related to the position.
- An undergraduate university degree in communications.
- Between 8 to 10 years of experience in managing and coordinating communications activities, mainly in the area of public relations.
- Experience with media relations.
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment.
- Ability to cope with pressure and crisis management.
- Demonstrated skills in work planning and organization.
- Influential leadership.
- Show an interest in new technologies and information technology.
- Team spirit, analysis and synthesis skills, thoroughness, and an ability to adapt to new concepts.
- Knowledge of video production and editing would be an asset.
- A good ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the open-source application WordPress would be an asset.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.