Business Analyst – Information Management
29 January 2020
Full-time, permanent and unionized position – 37.5 h/week
2020 salary (depending on experience): $76,136.64 to $94,769.19
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the selected candidate will play an important role in process optimization and in business needs analysis in the areas of information management and digital data architecture. The selected candidate will oversee technological changes to the electronic document management system (EDMS) and related tools. You must have a global vision of digital information management to devise new ways of doing things while supporting users during the transition.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of business processes and digital data management to maximize the use of the EDMS and IT tools for ongoing projects/initiatives within the Corporation.
- Oversee functional governance for the implementation and operation of solutions related to data architecture.
- Anticipate, analyze and diagnose business needs and business processes to recommend improvements. Identify associated risks and propose mitigation measures.
- Identify opportunities, prepare proofs of concept and present them to management to support your recommendations.
- Act as an expert on the SharePoint EDMS and Office 365 platform to define the technological orientation, architecture and security management in relation to best practices.
- Follow-up on third-level support that is outsourced and/or provided by an external consultant.
- Create opportunities related to the proposed improvements to develop skills among your colleagues.
- Transfer knowledge to your colleagues during changes made to systems.
- Provide change management for users.
- Work with other resources in the IT Department in order to integrate related technology services into digital information management (FME, SAP Business ByDesign, Tableau, Office 365, ArcGIS, BIM, etc.).
- Monitor data management technology tools and updates issued by Microsoft.
- Perform all other tasks related to the IT Department, as required.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or the equivalent with a college diploma in a related discipline and a certificate in archives or digital information management, with five (5) years of relevant experience in addition to the normal requirements for the job.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in business analysis and digital information management, including a minimum of (5) years of experience as a SharePoint & SharePoint Online / Office 365 administrator.
- Have experience with projects implementing a document management solution (EDMS), including architecture, security, and change management.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the business environments of parapublic organizations.
- Have a strong ability to listen and translate needs and demonstrate discipline and organizational skills.
- Show influential leadership, have excellent communication skills, and be able to clearly explain technical concepts.
- Be able to work in a changing and growing environment.
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to:
Advisor, Human Resources
The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated
1225 Saint-Charles Street West, Suite 500