Analyst, Budget and Management Information
30 January 2020
Full-time, permanent and unionized position – 37.5 h/week
2020 annual salary: $76,136.64 to $94,769.19
At The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to keep users safe by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating our infrastructure, optimizing traffic flow, and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Become part of a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting directly to the Director, Budgets and Management Information, the selected candidate will be required to play an important strategic and operational role. You will mainly be responsible for activities related to internal controls, accounting and budget management. You will act as a resource person for different departments of the Corporation and government bodies while upholding a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. You will also be required to perform occasional analysis work.
- Prepare the Corporation’s financial statements and analyze the set of accounts for these statements.
- Prepare budgets and help prepare the Corporation’s corporate plan.
- Collect the required information to prepare annual financial forecasts and analyze and explain variances in relation to the authorized budget.
- Prepare various management information documents for the Directorate.
- Maintain and monitor budgetary and financial controls in accordance with applicable standards and rules.
- Support the Corporation’s managers and regularly provide the necessary tools to create and monitor budgets.
- Perform various required studies to optimally manage available capital.
- Play a consultative role with your colleagues and managers by acting as an expert in your field of activity.
- Propose and develop management analysis and work tools.
- Help review and develop processes related to financial operations and help improve administrative and financial information systems. Work with internal auditors as appropriate.
- Conduct studies related to specific areas or projects.
- Prepare different periodic reports and analyze the results obtained during the fiscal year.
- Help prepare files for external auditors and serve as a contact person for staff for the sections under your responsibility.
- Perform all other related tasks to support the Finance Directorate.
- Have an undergraduate university degree in accounting or finance.
- Be a member of an association that issues recognized accounting designations (CPA, CA, CGA or CMA).
- Have at least five (5) years of relevant experience in budgeting and/or financial analysis.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (proficiency with Excel).
- Demonstrate thoroughness, attention to detail, and concern for controls.
- Be able to independently perform your duties.
- Analytical skills and practicality.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Organizational skills and influential leadership.
- Focus on results, communication and teamwork.
- Be able to work in a changing and growing environment.
- Be familiar with the following software: SAP Business ByDesign; Tableau is an asset.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages.
WHAT WE OFFER
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant work environment at a strong organization whose key values are team work, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
We offer a workplace that is accessible by public transit and car (parking available), a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a pension plan with the federal public service.
Join the JCCBI family and send your CV and cover letter to: