Accounting Technician – Budgets and Management Information
6 July 2021
Unionized temporary position until September 1, 2022
Full time – 37.5 hr. / week
2020 annual salary based on years of experience: $55,559.51 to $66,939.18
As a manager of important infrastructure, The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (the Corporation) is a federal Crown corporation established in 1978 that is responsible for the Jacques Cartier Bridge, the Champlain Bridge Ice Control Structure, the Île des Sœurs Bypass Bridge, the federal sections of Bonaventure Expressway and the Honoré Mercier Bridge, as well as the Melocheville Tunnel.
Every day, the Corporation ensures a safe drive for thousands of users by managing, maintaining, and repairing this important infrastructure for Greater Montreal. The Corporation also ensures that these critical structures remain safe, fully functional, and aesthetically pleasing both today and in the future. It conducts construction, rehabilitation, and reinforcement projects on the infrastructure under its responsibility and oversees the operation and maintenance of these structures.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Budgets and Information Management, the selected candidate will perform various budget monitoring and control tasks, carry out controls for various cost allocations, and produce various management reports. As part of a team of professionals, you will support these team members in the different projects that may be assigned to you.
- Oversee the process related to funds reservations and budget transfers.
- Verify and validate tools, forms and files in accordance with the processes and policies in place.
- Keep budget transfers and commitments up to date in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Help different staff members apply this process and also train new resources on its application.
- Check that existing forms meet prevailing or changing process requirements and policies: propose improvements, participate in updates and tests, and train staff who are impacted by the changes.
- Oversee the process to purchase and lease equipment and services.
- Validate the posting of purchase orders in the accounting system.
- Information management
- Gather the necessary information to produce reports for various divisions:
- Report on compliance with prevailing directives.
- Budget transfer report.
- Access to information requests.
- Support financial analysts and managers.
- Participate in accounting and budgetary analyses as required.
- Suggest improvements to tracking files and tools and implement these improvements.
- Help develop the budget plan and monitor this plan as required.
- Participate in the quarter-end closing and annual financial audit.
- Perform all other related tasks to support the Finance Department.
- Have at least a college diploma in finance or accounting, with eight years of relevant experience in budget monitoring and financial analysis or a relevant or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Show discipline as well as attention to detail in terms of budget and financial controls.
- Have customer service skills and be a good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure with a high volume of transactions and information.
- Demonstrate flexibility and an ability to work in a changing environment.
- Be resourceful and independent.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, analytical skills, and a sense of pragmatism.
- Knowledge of SAP ByDesign, TABLEAU, an asset.
- Proficiency in French (spoken and written).
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family, send your resume and cover letter to either of these agencies:
Geneviève Depairon Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Branch Manager Recruitment Solutions Manager
Phone: 450-750-4085 Direct line: 450-463-5318
[email protected] [email protected]