The Corporation is committed to maintaining good relations with users and residents of the infrastructures under its management. Citizen forum aims to bring communications to citizens together in one place.
Notice to Residents and Users
- Notice to residents: Major work blitzes at the south approach of the Jacques Cartier Bridge during the weekend during two weekends in September
- Notice to residents: Major work blitz on the Sainte-Hélène viaduct at the south approach of the Jacques Cartier Bridge during the weekend of August 12-13
- Notice to residents: Repair Work – Jacques Cartier Bridge South Approach Overpasses June 2017
- Notice to residents: Major work to reinforce the steel structure of the Jacques Cartier Bridge May 2017
- Notice to résidents: Reinforcement work on the southern embankment of the Jacques Cartier Bridge, April 2017
- Notice to residents: Reinforcement work on the southern embankment of the Jacques Cartier Bridge, January 2017
Good Neighbourly Relations Committee Jacques Cartier Bridge
As we are aware of the impact that this work has on résidents ans merchants near the bridge, JCCBI started a Good Neighbourly Relations Committee on Tuesday, January 31 to open a dialogue and find solutions to ensure the weork has the least possible impact on the nieghbourhood.
September 26, 2017
June 6, 2017
- Good Neighbourly Committee review of June 6
- Good Neighbourly Relations Committee: Major work to reinforce the metal structure May 2017
Proposal to develop the land Under the Jacques Cartier Bridge (Montréal sector)
An urban park to serve the community and enhance the entrance to the city
The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated is conducting a prefeasibility study on how to improve the management of runoff water from the deck of the Jacques Cartier Bridge and revitalize the land under the structure.
Urban green developments that seamlessly fit with their environments and have lasting environmental, social and economic spin-offs
- Reinforcement of the urban fabric
- More vegetated surfaces
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle paths
- Redirection of runoff water into vegetated basins
- Spaces that promote community belonging and encourage physical activity
- Positive local economic impact
Étude avant-projet aménagement au pont Jacques-Cartier (French only)
Project to redevelop the land near the Jacques Cartier Bridge
Organized jointly by the borough of Ville-Marie and The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), the public consultation held at the Lion d’Or on April 20, 2017 on the preliminary plans to develop the land under the Jacques Cartier Bridge was attended by over 200 people. Professionals were on hand to present the project and answer people’s questions, while the roundtable discussions opened a dialogue about the project, about the preliminary plans to develop the land near the bridge and at the city entrance, and about local traffic networks. The Ville de Montréal’s final report on the public consultation held in April is now available. Come to the meeting of the Jacques Cartier Bridge Good Neighbourly Relations Committee on September 26 to get an update about the project.