The Corporation is committed to maintaining good relations with users and residents of the infrastructures under its management. Citizen forum aims to bring communications to citizens together in one place.
Notice to Residents and Users
- Notice to résidents: Reinforcement work on the southern embankment of the Jacques Cartier Bridge, January 2017
- Notice to residents: Major reinforcement work on the metal structure, december 2016
- Notice to residents: Work on the Champlain Bridge will require the closure, November 2016
- Advisory for truckers: Overweight vehicles prohibited from crossing the Champlain Bridge, September 2016
Good Neighbourly Relations Committee Jacques Cartier Bridge
As we are aware of the impact that this work has on résidents ans merchants near the bridge, JCCBI started a Good Neighbourly Relations Committee on Tuesday, January 31 to open a dialogue and find solutions to ensure the weork has the least possible impact on the nieghbourhood.
March, 28, 2017
- Good Neighbourly Relations Committee review of March 28
- Good Neighbourly Relations Committee : Presentation of March 28, 2017
January 31, 2017
- Good Neighbourly Relations Committee review of January 31
- Good Neighbourly Relations Committee: Major work to reinforce the metal structure January 2017
- Good Neighbourly Relations Committee: Presentation of January 31, 2017
Proposal to develop the land Under the Jacques Cartier Bridge (Montréal sector)
An urban park to serve the community and enhance the entrance to the city
The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated is conducting a prefeasibility study on how to improve the management of runoff water from the deck of the Jacques Cartier Bridge and revitalize the land under the structure.
Urban green developments that seamlessly fit with their environments and have lasting environmental, social and economic spin-offs
- Reinforcement of the urban fabric
- More vegetated surfaces
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle paths
- Redirection of runoff water into vegetated basins
- Spaces that promote community belonging and encourage physical activity
- Positive local economic impact
Étude avant-projet aménagement au pont Jacques-Cartier (French only)
Share your ideas and comments
Citizens are invited to share their ideas on the future of this area on Thursday, April 20, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., at Cabaret Lion d’Or located at 1676 Ontario Street East. Details are available on the borough’s website, under the « Abords du pont Jacques-Cartier » section at: ville.montreal.qc.ca/villemarie/projetsurbains.