Technician, Operations and Maintenance Support
Permanent full-time position – 40 hrs/week
Salary 2017 : between : 67 233,39 $ à 85 864,33 $
At Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to ensure the safe passage of users by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating infrastructures while optimizing traffic flow and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Join a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Operations and Maintenance, the incumbent assists the Director, the Superintendent and Operations and Maintenance Technicians with their respective operating duties for regular maintenance work. He provides technical expertise in traffic management and support on the road work, civil engineering and inventory work.
- Process lane closure requests taking into account lane closure schedules and priorities set by Management, and communicate lane closure information to all partners concerned;
- Coordinate lane use on a daily basis based on traffic flow and constraints to reduce impact on traffic, and if needed, work with the employees concerned to address traffic issues and respond to emergencies on JCCBI territory;
- Manage the Corporation’s fixed and mobile variable message signs and coordinate with all partners concerned;
- Process requests from oversize-load hauling companies who want to use the JCCBI network;
- Represent the Corporation on various traffic management and mobility committees in the metropolitan area and work with the partners concerned to ensure optimal management of road closures in the metropolitan area;
- Answer inquiries about work in progress;
- Follow up on contracts (especially for towing services), making sure that all contract services provided meet JCCBI specification and contract requirements;
- Gather, help plan and constantly follow up on recommendations, findings and requests from various internal and external authorities regarding work on JCCBI territory;
- Develop and follow up on the preventive and corrective maintenance program for structures on JCCBI territory;
- Perform tasks related to procurement management and inventory activities, and handle the disposal of assets with the procurement officer, while providing ongoing follow-up;
- Take the necessary steps when new practices and standards are implemented in the field;
- Carry out maintenance and follow up on the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS);
- Take part in the Emergency Measures Committee;
- Support the Operations and Maintenance Department team in resolving issues related to his or her field;
- Carry out other related tasks on request.
Specific job requirement:
- On-call availability on a rotating basis: When assigned to on-call duty, the incumbent must be available to answer calls during his on-call schedule times and respond to emergencies at all times except during annual vacation periods. His place of residence must allow him to quickly get to the work site within a reasonable time.
- College diploma in Civil Engineering, with 10 years’ experience in construction, including three years’ experience in road work or a relevant and equivalent combination of training and experience;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Valid driver’s license;
- Sense of initiative and good organization skills;
- Ability to manage priorities and respond to emergencies;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Problem-solving skills and customer focus;
- Thorough, detail- and control-oriented;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages.
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Spécialiste en recrutement
Complexe Métro Longueuil
1010 rue de Sérigny, Rez-de-chaussée
Longueuil, Québec, J4K 5G7
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tél. : 450 463-5318