Technician, ITS and Electrical
Unionized temporary full-time position (March 31st 2022) – 37.5 hrs. /week
Annual salary in 2017: 67 233,39 $ to 85 864,33$)
At Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to ensure the safe passage of users by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating infrastructures while optimizing traffic flow and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Join a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Operations and Maintenance, you will be in charge of managing maintenance, modernization and commissioning operations, and coordinating occasional and emergency work performed by various crews, while making sure that work meets applicable standards for all of the Corporation’s intelligent transportation systems (ITS), electrical systems, and surveillance and telecommunications systems. You will be responsible for carrying out a variety of technical and administrative tasks involved in monitoring the projects and contracts you will be in charge of.
You will use your technical and management expertise to prepare reports and tender documents for contracts you are responsible for, in addition to performing related administrative tasks. You will also make recommendations on how to adapt and improve the systems.
- Maintain the equipment and devices provided in good repair and operating condition so that ITS can continue to operate effectively, and develop and optimize preventive maintenance programs;
- Oversee the work performed by work crews in areas such as maintenance, integration and configuration of ITS, telecommunications and electrical distribution equipment, including without being limited to: needs assessment (labour, material, equipment, budget), resource deployment, and administrative and budget control and monitoring;
- Participate in the tendering process for maintenance contracts you are responsible for, by preparing technical documents, reviewing proposals and awarding contracts, and preparing and monitoring budgets;
- Make sure projects, work and maintenance completed on behalf of the Corporation meet federal and provincial standards and regulations (technical, environment, health and safety) in all areas pertaining to your position;
- Schedule and optimize intelligent transportation system or equipment shutdowns;
- Provide assistance to the project team when commissioning and receiving intelligent transportation, telecommunications and electrical distribution systems, and coordinate the operation of the systems;
- Update technical system documentation;
- Inspect work, equipment and structures in some cases, recommend measures to be taken, examine and assess the behaviour of elements that your position is responsible for, conduct technical inspections and submit reports to the parties concerned;
- Train system users;
- Receive requests for technical assistance and follow up on them;
- Organize and conduct work site visits; provide guidance to contractors and consultants when preparing technical plans and documents;
- Work closely with the network administrator;
- Perform any other job-related tasks and duties.
Specific job requirement
- On-call availability on a rotating basis. When your turn is up, you must be reachable at all times and ready to take action and handle any emergencies that may arise. Your place of residence must allow you to quickly get to the work site within a reasonable time.
- College degree in a relevant discipline, such as electrical engineering or industrial electronics with a telecommunications component, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a relevant field;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in ITS, surveillance, telecommunications and electrical engineering;
- Advanced knowledge of networks and programmable controllers (TCP/IP);
- 3–5 years of experience supervising work crews;
- Knowledge of electromechanics is an asset;
- Knowledge of Cisco products is an asset;
- Knowledge of applicable standards used in the field;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Good organization skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Problem-solving skills and customer focus;
- Thorough, and detail- and control-oriented;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to work at heights;
- Ability to work shifts occasionally;
- Working knowledge of Word (intermediate), Excel (intermediate), MS Project (basic) and Outlook (basic);
- Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written).
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to either of these agencies:
Katherine Zenetzis, C.P.C.
Complexe Metro Longueuil 1010 de Sérigny street, Ground floor Longueuil, Quebec, J4K 5G7
Phone: 450 463-5318