Unionized temporary full-time position (March 31st 2022) – 37.5 hrs. /week
Annual salary in 2017: 70 492, 99 $ à 100 976, 45 $
At Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to ensure the safe passage of users by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating infrastructures while optimizing traffic flow and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career and interesting challenges!
Reporting to the Manager, Construction, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of technical and administrative tasks involved in monitoring the Corporation’s construction contracts. You will track work schedules, control costs and budgets, make sure deadlines are met, perform analyses, and process claims and contract addenda. You will be required to work closely with engineering firms hired every year by the Corporation to monitor work and perform quality assurance. You will help develop and implement new tools to manage Corporation-owned structures. You will also act as an advisor to Construction Department managers and project managers by analyzing reports, drawings and specifications, and by recommending the best course of action.
- Prepare terms of reference for awarding contracts to external consultants for the supervision of major maintenance work, quality assurance through test labs, and claims review;
- Administer and oversee the Corporation’s contracts with consultants hired to supervise work and provide quality assurance;
- Make sure construction contracts are carried out in line with the Corporation’s drawing and specification requirements, including environmental and occupational health and safety laws and standards;
- Assist work site supervision teams and examine work in progress to make sure it is on schedule and meets quality requirements;
- Prepare monthly and quarter-end budget forecasts, making sure to meet accounting deadlines;
- Prepare recommendations for additional work, closely track progress to pay consultants and contractors, and make sure work is completed on time and on budget;
- Take part in various committees in your field of expertise and attend all work site meetings or round table discussions (e.g., review contracts with Engineering);
- Review studies, recommendations, and drawings and specifications prepared by consultants and make recommendations to the department manager;
- Coordinate the professional services of consultants hired to prepare contracts for major maintenance work in the technical assistance phase;
- Attend periodic project follow-up meetings and work with the project manager to inform him of the status of contracts in each focus area;
- Coordinate major work on the Corporation’s network with various internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with the Engineering department to help prepare calls for proposals for construction contracts.
Planning and analyzing work to be completed
- Take part in various project management committees by strategic area and provide technical assistance to the project team;
- Review studies produced by consultants and make recommendations to the Construction Department manager, approve measures to be taken and follow up on their implementation;
- Assist the Manager in preparing budgets and progress reports;
- Analyze and continually update the budget management system;
- Assist the Manager, by providing relevant information for various reports and analysis methods or grids, and by tracking projects and/or work;
- Take part in various committees related to your field of expertise, attend all work site meetings or roundtable discussions (e.g., review contracts with Engineering);
- Work closely with the Corporation’s partners;
- Perform all other related tasks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, preferably structures;
- Membership in good standing in the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ);
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience in managing and administering major construction and maintenance projects ($1 million to $30 million), combined with at least three (3) years of experience in the rehabilitation of bridges and/or civil engineering structures and/or concrete and/or steel structures;
- Experience working in consulting engineering or for road construction firms (an asset);
- Knowledge of standards for bridges, overpasses and roads, as well as environmental and construction site health and safety standards;
- Proven ability to oversee and manage assigned contracts, including assessing work, holding meetings, and negotiating payments;
- Additional project management training is an asset;
- Good time and priority management skills and ability to manage or supervise several projects at the same time;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and ability to easily adapt to change;
- Very good oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with stakeholders at various levels;
- Ability to fully understand and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical drawings;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and Access) and MS Project;
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Ability to access structures using fixed or mobile devices, and ability to work at height or in confined spaces;
- ASP Construction certification;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Fluency in written French and excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; please send your résumé to the following address:
Mrs Karine Robert
Octave Maecenas, recrutement & conseils S.E.N.C.