Electrical Engineering Engineer, Engineering Service
Unionized permanent full-time position – 37.5 hrs. /week
Salary 2017 according to years of experience: $71 549,05 to $102 489,19
At Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI), our teams work together to ensure the safe passage of users by managing, maintaining and rehabilitating infrastructures while optimizing traffic flow and respecting the environment.
Join JCCBI for an exciting career! Join a growing organization that offers interesting challenges.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the incumbent will see to the implementation of our maintenance program by carrying out electrical and electrical engineering projects involving the Corporation’s existing and future civil engineering structures. This work includes the design, installation or modification of electrodynamic systems, devices and equipment, various types of electronic instruments, electricity for bridges and structural works (electrification, supply and distribution), intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and lighting systems and illuminated signals (including structural components) on the Corporation’s network. He will provide support and technical assistance to managers, receive and review studies, reports, drawings and specifications, and recommend actions to be taken. Additionally, he will be responsible for managing engineering contracts. This includes planning; tracking budgets, costs, deadlines and quality; and reviewing and processing claims and addenda for engineering contracts.
- Handle all aspects of contracts, including deliverables, in line with quality standards and strategic priorities, while adhering to the principles of project management;
- Prepare terms of reference for contracts awarded to consultants providing design services and electrical engineering studies;
- Ensure smooth communication between construction crews and successful bidders responsible for providing technical assistance;
- Follow up on professional services contracts by adhering to project management principles;
- Effectively inform your department Director and the project manager of contract management issues;
- Promptly provide the PCO and project manager with any information that has an impact on projects;
- Maintain good working relationships with the entire project team and successful bidders;
- Ensure all engineering contracts meet contract specification requirements (quality control);
- Prepare authorizations for additional work, track progress to pay consultants, and make sure work is completed on time and on budget;
- Work with the Engineering Director to coordinate the work of consultants hired to provide designs for projects involving maintenance, various studies and technical assistance.
Planning and analyzing work to be completed
- Review studies, plans and specifications prepared by consultants and make recommendations to the Director; approve measures to be taken and follow up on their implementation;
- Identify issues and recommend ways to address them;
- Assist management in preparing budgets;
- Assist the Engineering Director by providing useful information to help prepare documents and reports and by following up on contracts and/or work;
- Assist the Manager and Engineering Director in developing tools to improve the quality of deliverables from consultants and continuously improve internal services;
- Compile documents and enhance internal tools to improve knowledge of the works, in collaboration with the Planning and Inspection departments;
- Perform any other job-related tasks and duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering;
- Additional project management training is an asset;
- Knowledge of building mechanicals is an asset;
- Membership in good standing in the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ);
- At least eight (8) years of experience executing electrical engineering projects, including three (3) years of project management experience;
- Good knowledge of common engineering practices used in building bridges, tunnels, culverts, overpasses, walls, dams, pylons and/or other civil engineering structures;
- Knowledge of construction standards for roads, bridges and engineering structures (an asset);
- Proven ability to oversee and manage assigned contracts, including assessing work, holding meetings, and negotiating payments;
- Ability to access structures using fixed or mobile devices; no fear of heights or confined spaces;
- Knowledge of applicable and accepted construction safety standards and sustainable development concepts;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Good organization and time management skills, and ability to prioritize;
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the team;
- Resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity and strong research skills;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook et Internet Explorer;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French, ability to communicate verbally in English.
Further your career in a stimulating and pleasant environment in a solid organization whose key values are teamwork, transparency, thoroughness, innovation and commitment.
The job location is easily accessible by public transit and automobile (parking available). We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package, which includes a federal public service pension plan.
Join the Bridge family; send your resume and cover letter to:
Mrs Céline Gamache